Maritime Industry Converges at INMEX India 2013
Much evidence that the maritime industry is thriving was to be seen at INMEX India 2013, as thousands of industry professionals from over 40 countries across the world gathered today to source new products and hear from leading figures in the maritime and shipping sector.
The event was well attended by all sectors of the maritime industry and early reports show an extremely high level of satisfaction from all participants. The high volume of commercial negotiations taking place at INMEX India means that the event has once again proved itself to be the home of business and networking in the maritime industry.
Some of the dignitaries that attended the inauguration included:
- Vice Admiral Shekhar Sinha - Flag Officer Commanding in Charge, Western Naval Command
- DIG AK Dey - CSO Tech Indian Coast Guard
- Capt Arun Sharma - Chairman & MD Indian Registrar Shipping
- Mr. B K Mandal - Chairman & MD, Shipping Corporation of India
- Mr. T S Balasubramanyam - Tariff Authority of Major Ports (TAMP)
- Mr. N. N. Kumar Chairman - Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust
- Capt. Ajay Achuthan - Director, MASSA
- Mr. P.R Govil - Advisor, Shipyards Association of India
- Mr. K P Unnikrishnan - President, MANSA
- Mr. Henk Lacet - Intl Maritime Advisor
- Mr. Eivind S. Homme - Ambassador Royal Norwegian Embassy
The conference, hosted by 40 industry leaders, opened its doors to hundreds of senior maritime professionals, who received the perfect opportunity to address current and future market trends. Some of the topics discussed included ship forecasting requirements, maritime survival strategies, ship repairing and much more.
A truly international event, INMEX India 2013 had 7 country pavilions including Norway, Holland Korea, China and Singapore among others. Over 96% of all INMEX India exhibitors stated that they wished to exhibit at INMEX India 2015 with both Indian and international exhibitors reporting a great deal of business activity at the hugely successful event.
With over 7,300 attendees over 3 days, INMEX India further cemented its position as the market leading event for the maritime industry. Visitors came from across India with a significant proportion of the attendance coming from Singapore, UAE, UK, Norway and USA among other countries.
Planning for INMEX India 2015 is well underway which is set to take place from 23 – 25 September 2015 at the Bombay Exhibition Centre, Mumbai.